Hola, Californication Groupies!
Click the EasyEdit button above to help create the wiki guide to
EPISODE 8 - "California Son"
Original air date: 10/1/2007
Directed by: Scott Winant
Written by: Tom Kapinos
Guest Star(s): Mark Margolis ("Al Moody"), Judy Greer ("Trixie"), Chris Williams ("Todd Carr"), Amber Heard ("Actress"), Nick Barnes ("Tom"), Kathryn Adams ("Katie")
Synopsis: Struggling with bad memories, Hank must be coaxed into attending his father's funeral. While grieving, Hank and Karen sleep together.
| EPISODE STATS|
Number of women Hank sleeps with:
Not sure if he banged the actress, but I sure hope he did.
Number of times Karen rejects Hank:
Does it count if she rejects his idea to move back to New York? No real rejection. He doesn't ever come on to her . . . but she comes on to him.
Number of times Hank crosses the line:
1) arguing with Karen, and calling his father a "f--king asshole."
Number of times Hank's fame gets him something:
| Name:Trixie (full name Beatrice)|
How they met: At a bar
Location of act: Hotel
Kink factor: Hank does a line off of her ass, and says, "I always wanted to do that," to which she retorts "Good for you, who says America isn't the land of opporunity."
Pillow talk:T-What makes you think I'm not a hooker?
H-Even if you were a street walking cheetah, I would get ya to give it to me gratis.
T-Oh you think so?
H-I have never paid for sex in my life.
T-I doubt that.
T-So what are you running from? (he blows of the question) Oh please, no one holes up in a hotel room with a hooker and pile of blow without being on the run from something.
H-Stop joking about the hooker stuff.
T-I'm not joking.
H-Yes you are.
H- Here's a thought, why don't I do you this time, and then we call it even!
T- We can do whatever you want, but you're still gonna get a bill for services rendered.
After Trixie convinces him that yes, she is indeed a hooker, Hank discovers he is all out of cash. Hank endures a few gut punches from Trixie's pimp, as he tries to beat the money out of Hank. Finally, Charlie shows up with some money to save the day.
| Name: Karen|
How they met: In NYC at a concert
Location of act: Hank's bedroom
Kink factor: Low
Pillow talk: Not too much
Repercussions: Hank writes a new novella (a good repercussion for once), but is rejected by Karen again.
| BROWSE THROUGH THE REST OF HANK'S LBB|
PROGRESS ON HANK'S WRITER'S BLOCK
- No progress to report. Episode opens with Hank at the computer, staring at a blank text document. Obviously, its been an unproductive session. It doesn't get any better when the phone rings. It's Hank's sis, calling with the news that their father has died.
PROGRESS ON HANK'S FAMILY LIFE
- Thanks to the flashbacks, we finally get to see the drama that ended things between Hank and Karen. Karen cheats on him with Bill, who's house she is working on. But, things had deteriorated long before that. They had been barely seeing each other at all, as Hank is deeply immersed in work. As Karen says, "You just don't give a sh!t anymore. Your head is so far up your ass and you don't even know it."
- H-"We've gotta get out of here before the city destroys us both." K- "It's really not the city." How's that for a prophecy?
- Hank tells Karen, "thanks for helping me get my head out of my ass." Apparently, that's what it's called when people sleep together. Who knew?
HANK'S HARSHEST WISECRACKS
- "You're redesigning houses for assholes." To Karen, after she says she doesn't want to go back to New York because she's finally found work out here. Her retort: "How's that any different than redesigning scripts for assholes?"
- "Both our pimps are here. Mine gets %10. What does yours get?" To Trixie after Charlie finally shows up with some cash.
HANK VS. HANK
Which Hank is winning this episode? Provide proof below!
| DEVIL HANK || ANGEL HANK|
- "You don't snort a line of coke off a woman's ass and then not wonder about her hopes and dreams. It's not gentlemanly."